|—||George Carlin (via facesofatheists)|
A graphical representation of the contradictions in the bible. Each red line links 2 contradicting statements.
WILL ALWAYS REBLOG.
Not sure what this means, but I’m reblogging because it looks pretty.
its the miles…..
Christians’s bible is full of the miles!
The more I learn about Satanism, the less horrendous it seems. Not even kidding.
That’s cause non-theistic Satanism is more about worshipping yourself and sorta treating others how you want to be treated etc
satanism is actually really solid like the Fifth Satanic Rule of the Earth says not to make sexual advances unless you are given consent
satan seems like a pretty nice guy
This week on “I didn’t know I was a Satanist”
a scar of the deceiver.
THIS IS MY FAVORITE PICTURE EVER
This is honest to God (Haha, Irony) curiosity, not an attack or anything, and I’d like to remain anon. How is Jesus saying that all the past laws are invalid bullshit?
Because Jesus makes it ABUNDANTLY clear in many passages that all of the old laws still apply. This is an excerpt from a website called evilbible.com. While this is, admittedly, a biased site. Nevertheless, the passages are there for everyone to see.
1) “For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.
2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. ”It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17 NAB)
3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. ”Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
3b) “All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness…” (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
3c) “Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God.” (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)
4) Jesus criticizes the Jews for not killing their disobedient children according to Old Testament law. Mark.7:9-13 ”Whoever curses father or mother shall die” (Mark 7:10 NAB)
5) Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: “He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” (Matthew 15:4-7)
6) Jesus has a punishment even worse than his father concerning adultery: God said the act of adultery was punishable by death. Jesus says looking with lust is the same thing and you should gouge your eye out, better a part, than the whole. The punishment under Jesus is an eternity in Hell. (Matthew 5:27)
7) Peter says that all slaves should “be subject to [their] masters with all fear,” to the bad and cruel as well as the “good and gentle.” This is merely an echo of the same slavery commands in the Old Testament. 1 Peter 2:18
8) “Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19) and “For the law was given by Moses,…” (John 1:17).
9) “…the scripture cannot be broken.” —Jesus Christ, John 10:35
- Men being thrown in jail for holding Bible studies
- eHarmony being forced to include gays
- Photographer being fined by the Court for not photographing a lesbian ceremony
Are you really trying to equate religious freedom with treating other people like they’re not actually, you know, people?
Like, omg, how dare a dating site actually acknowlege that homosexual people may be looking for love, ooohhhhh totally infringing on your religious rightttsss.
People wanting to be treated equally and be spared your religious discrimination is not taking away your religious freedom. Christians DO have a freedom in their religion that no other religion in this country has.
1 - That dude violated his probation, he got in trouble not for practicing religion in his home but forviolating zoning laws and building codes.
Religion doesn’t get to trump other laws when it comes to these things, sorry, that’s not what “freedom of religion” means. Climb down off your cross.
2 - E-Harmony violated discrimination laws, again, religion doesn’t get to trump law in these cases. Deal with it. How is “not allowing someone to discriminate” somehow an affront to your religion?
3 - Oh look. I’m sounding like a broken record, but again, violation of discrimination laws.
Your so-called assault on religious freedom here boils down to Christians having to follow the same laws as everyone else in these cases.
Awwww, poor babies.
There is a HUGE difference between freedom of religion and freedom to infringe on other poeple’s rights using your religion as an excuse.
The people of your religion are not being oppressed. When other groups gain rights that you have had all along, and fought to keep them away from those groups, that’s not called oppression it’s called privilege, you whiny fucks.
Too bad this got dropped from the script. I mean, I understand why…they didn’t want to lose half their audience and have people chasing Leonard Nemoy with pitchforks, but still, it would have been cool.
I posted this on Chick-Fil-A’s facebook page and they deleted my post TWICE. But there’s several pro-chick-fil-a posts from facebook members, quoting bible verses just like I was of course, they quoted ones that helped ‘support’ their point.
If you’re so proud of your opinion, why are you afraid of the argument of the opposing side? If you’re so sure you’re right and we’re all just lost, what’s the deal?
Just, I’ll leave this here